Wednesday 8 August 2012

Our Cosplay Community


Lately I have been feeling particularly proud of South African cosplay. Our cosplay community is still relatively small at this stage but full of talent.


I was properly introduced to cosplay by a good friend of mine, Felicia Verschuur (aka Lulu) several years ago at rAge, so I have her to thank that I am a part of this community at all. I didn’t cosplay that year, but I remember how awesome it was seeing quite a few people dressed in costume.


Since then, cosplaying has become a major part of my life. I admire so many of our cosplayers and the dedication and skills that they have. At every cosplay event that I attend, there are amazing costumes.


With this year’s rAge coming up soon I'm feeling really excited as this is our biggest event, and a lot of the cosplayers from other cities come up here to attend it. I look forward to seeing everyone and all the great costumes!


So I just wanted to say again that this is something I'm proud to be a part of and that I admire every one of you! We all rock and I hope that the South African cosplay community will become even more positive as we grow. <3

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am cosplaying the first time ever this year. I thought that I am getting to old so why not give it a try since I always wanted to do it.

    ReplyDelete